- In a recent YouTube video posted to her channel, “Dr. Pimple Popper,” dermatologist Dr. Sandra Lee treated a woman with a large lipoma on her back.
- Throughout the video, Lee snipped, tugged, and cut at the “bubbly” lipoma – or lump caused by slowly overgrowing fatty tissue – as she tried to remove it entirely.
- The lump was particularly hard to remove because of how it was dispersed throughout an area in her back.
- Lee was concerned if she missed any part of the lipoma, it would grow back.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Dermatologist Dr. Sandra Lee tugged, snipped, and cut at a lipoma for over 40 minutes to try and remove it from a woman’s back in a recent YouTube video posted June 4 to her infamous channel, “Dr. Pimple Popper.”
The lipoma – or lump caused by slowly overgrowing fatty tissue – was particularly difficult to remove because of its “bubbly” nature. The lump was dispersed through different parts of a large area on her back, making it harder to remove than a lump all in a singular area.
Lee was concerned the lump would grow back if she missed any of the hidden pieces, so she was sure to be thorough in removing the fatty tissue. She used a mix of surgical scissors and pulling and squeezing with her hands to remove much of the lipoma.
“That’s our motto: sometimes it’s five minutes, sometimes it’s 50 minutes,” Lee said as she snipped.
To make sure all of the fatty tissue was gone, Lee zapped the area with a cauterizing instrument to stop any bleeding caused during the extraction process. Once all of the tissue had been removed, the skin flap that laid over the incision was visibly flatter.
Lee and her assistant both had to use force to squeeze the lump to push out all of the excess fatty tissue. By the end of the session, Lee said she was sore from all of the pushing and prodding.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.