European Council President Donald Tusk said “there was no reason to pretend this is a happy day”, after Britain officially triggered the process to leave the European Union.
He said: “After all, most Europeans including almost half the British voters wish that we would stay together, not drift apart. As for me I will not pretend that this is, that I am happy today.”
Produced by David Ibekwe
More from Business Insider UK:
- ‘The sources stand by it’: Fox News analyst cited by Trump on wiretapping returns to the air, stands by unsubstantiated report
- IKEA moves into the smart home space
- The most popular way of avoiding bathroom germs is bogus — here’s what you should do instead
- This concept skyscraper could hang from an asteroid 31,068 miles above Earth
- Adidas is launching biodegradable shoes that can be dissolved in 36 hours
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.