Donald Trump's provocative first TV ad invokes San Bernardino shooting

Real-estate tycoon Donald Trump finally released his first televised campaign ad Monday morning.

The Republican presidential front-runner’s commercial started off by reminding viewers of the San Bernardino, California, mass shooting last month.

Because that attack was linked to the Islamic State terror group, the ad’s narrator touted Trump’s plan to temporarily bar all Muslim immigrants and tourists from visiting the US.

“The politicians can pretend it’s something else but Donald Trump calls it ‘radical Islamic terrorism,'” the narrator said as scenes from the shooting were displayed. “That’s why he’s calling for a temporary shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until we can figure out what’s going on.”

The narrator also hit other campaign themes.

“He’ll quickly cut the head off ISIS and take their oil,” the narrator said of Trump, using an alternative name for the Islamic State. “And he’ll stop illegal immigration by building a wall on our southern border that Mexico will pay for.”

Click here to watch the ad on the Trump campaign site.

This post will be updated with additional information shortly.

NOW WATCH: ‘Affluenza’ teen and his mother detained in Mexican resort town

NOW WATCH: Briefing videos

Business Insider Emails & Alerts

Site highlights each day to your inbox.

Follow Business Insider Australia on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.