- Donald Trump Jr. has reportedly signed a book deal – and Twitter users immediately began joking about what the title would be.
- The book will focus on “politics, current events and the future of the MAGA movement” and is expected to publish by the end of the year, Politico’s Playbook reported.
- By Wednesday afternoon, the hashtag #DonJrBookTitles was trending on Twitter.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Donald Trump Jr. has reportedly signed a book deal, and scores of people online – including Trump Jr.’s own siblings – dunked on him upon learning the news.
The book “will focus on politics, current events and the future of the MAGA movement” and is expected to publish by the end of the year, Politico’s Playbook reportedWednesday, citing a source close to the president’s son.
Twitter users quickly began speculating over what Trump Jr.’s book would be called, sparking the trending hashtag #DonJrBookTitles. Even Ivanka Trump joined in.
“When #DonJrBookTitles is trending on Twitter… @EricTrump @LaraLeaTrump @TiffanyATrump @kimguilfoyle and I are having some fun with this one!” she tweeted.
Trump Jr. appeared to confirm the news of the book deal in a tweet of his own: “I guess it’s time to write an Ivanka childhood stories chapter, lots of great material.”
A number of people suggested clever plays on popular literary titles that alluded to Trump Jr.’s various legal entanglements and controversies.
#DonJrBookTitles I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings: Because It Is A Bird, Duh. Make Me CFO
— VaccinnateSantasHat (@Popehat) May 22, 2019
The Russian Dilettante’s Handbook
Crime & No Punishment
Sons & Lovers
Appointment in Crimea
As I Lay Lying
— Greg Olear (@gregolear) May 22, 2019
The Son Also Compromises #DonJrBookTitles
— The Terror of Dublin????#WearAMask????#BidenHarris2020 (@taradublinrocks) May 22, 2019
But some just poked fun at his intelligence.
American Idiot #DonJrBookTitles
— Roland Scahill (@rolandscahill) May 22, 2019
— That Guy AnGiallo (@angelozanola) May 22, 2019
By Wednesday afternoon, even Trump Jr. admit some of them weren’t all bad.
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) May 22, 2019
Trump Jr. had reportedly shopped the book around to publishers last year, but apparently faced a “chilly reception” due to the various legal challenges at the time surrounding his 2016 Trump Tower meeting with a Moscow-linked lawyer who promised dirt on then-Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.
But some of those concerns may have eased, now that the special counsel’s Russia investigation concluded without indictments against him.
Politico reported that the book will be published by Center Street Books, an imprint of Hachette Book Group.
- Read more:
- Michael Cohen implicated at least 4 people in Trump’s orbit during marathon House testimony
- Donald Trump Jr. agrees to a closed-door interview with the Senate Intelligence Committee
- A Republican-led Senate committee subpoenaed Donald Trump Jr., and GOP members are furious
- The Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee reportedly subpoenaed Donald Trump Jr. to answer questions about the Russia probe
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.