Good morning, AdLand. Here’s what you need to know today:
Domino’s will make “Pizzavestments” in 30 different startups in the form of $US500 gift certificates. Because most good work is #poweredbypizza. (Of course there’s a hashtag for the project). Domino’s worked with Crispin Porter + Bogusky on this new endeavour. The chain is also working with Indiegogo to reward people who invest in startups with “Powered by Pizza” perks, like gift cards. Watch the video — which asserts, “No one is coming up with a world changing idea ovr halibut. No way.” — below.
People were angrily tweeting at a fake United Airlines account, and the fake airline was hilariously tweeting back.
Adweek looks at why brands are obsessed with vending machines.
Victor Cruz is in a new Kids Foot Locker ad.
Mashable thinks these five social media tactics will increase ROI.
Volkswagen is using Vine to talk about Shark Week.
Previously on Business Insider Advertising:
- Company Accuses LinkedIn Of ‘Extreme Sexism’ After It Pulled An Ad Featuring a Beautiful Argentinian Engineer
- The Most Interesting Man In The World Reveals Who Really Deserves The Title In A Reddit ‘Ask Me Anything’
- Kmart Isn’t Dropping Its ‘Ship My Pants’ Puns Any Time Soon
- Facebook Is Facing Its ‘Weird’ Problem — And Has Hired A Guy From Pepsi To Fix It
- Mercedes Doesn’t Want You To See This Weird, Sexual Innuendo-Filled Video It Made
- Struggling JCPenney Gets A New Marketing Chief
- Nokia Bashes The iPhone’s Camera Using Apple’s Advertising Style
- How Martin Sorrell Can Exploit The Omnicom-Publicis Merger
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.