- Lyft does take prepaid cards as a form of payment, along with credit and debit cards, PayPal, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
- Adding a prepaid card to your Lyft account only takes about a minute, and if needed, it can be used to pay for only part of a ride, with the rest paid for by your other payment methods.
- Once a prepaid card you’ve added to your Lyft account is depleted, the app will revert to charging your default payment method.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
To make paying for a Lyft as convenient as possible, the company accepts all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover, e.g.), as well as debit cards tied to a bank or co-op checking account. They also accept several digital payment platforms, including PayPal, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
And to make things even easier, you can even load a prepaid card onto your account, whether it’s a gift card backed by a major company (American Express, Visa, etc.), or a similarly supported card that you loaded a balance onto yourself. Both the Android and iPhone versions of the Lyft app support prepaid cards.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to use a prepaid card to pay for Lyft
Before your next ride, add your prepaid card to your Lyft account, then choose it as your payment method as you plan the trip.
1. Open the Lyft app and tap the three parallel lines at the top left of the home screen.
2. Tap “Payment.”
3. Under “Payment methods,” tap “Add card.”
4. Enter your prepaid card’s information.
5. Tap “Save.”
And now your prepaid card should be loaded and ready for use.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.