- LastPass works with Firefox thanks to the password encryption company’s browser add-on.
- To get LastPass to work with Firefox, type “about: addons” into the URL bar and search for LastPass to download the add-on.
- You can also download the add-on by going to Firefox’s browser menu and selecting “Tools” then “Add-ons.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Using one password for multiple accounts is a big security no-no, even if it is tempting. Fortunately, free programs like LastPass are out there to help.
The password management program creates a vault for all your different login credentials located and encrypted directly on your device. Whenever you need one, LastPass will prompt you to sign in to use what you’ve saved in the Vault.
You only have to recall one LastPass master password to get access to your various accounts’ login information. Most browsers are LastPass compatible, and Firefox is no exception. Users can seamlessly incorporate LastPass into their browsing with the LastPass Firefox add-on.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to install the LastPass Password Manager add-on for Firefox
1. Open Firefox and navigate to its Add-ons page by entering “about: add-ons” in the URL bar.
2. Type “LastPass” in the top right search bar and hit enter.
3. The “LastPass Password Manager” add-on should be the first one listed. Click “Add to Firefox,” in the blue box.
4. Grant Firefox permission to add LastPass to Firefox.
5. Once added to your toolbar, tap the LastPass browser button in the top right corner alongside other Add-ons.
6. Accept the permissions to use LastPass, then log in with your LastPass credentials.
7. LastPass for Firefox will help you get started by pulling up frequently used sites that require passwords. Select one from the list, or navigate to a website of your choosing.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.