Between the global trade wars, policy shifts by the world’s major central banks, stock market volatility and Australia’s property downturn, this year has brought a lot of change to the economic landscape.
“Late cycle” are two words you’ll hear increasingly in conversation about the global economy: it means different risks and a fresh set of questions for consumers, businesses, policymakers and investors.
The picture in Australia is changing too, with house prices declining and the RBA continuing to indicate that the next move in interest rates is likely to be higher.
With this as the backdrop to the end of the year we are delighted to be hosting a LIVE and UNPLUGGED edition of our markets and economics podcast, Devils and Details, at The Ivy in Sydney on November 27th from 6.30pm.
The show’s co-hosts, Business Insider Australia’s editor-in-chief Paul Colgan and markets and economics editor David Scutt, will be joined by a stellar line-up of guests for a discussion on what’s happening in Australia and around the world. It promises to be an evening packed full of information and insights.
Our panellists include:
- Joanne Masters, senior economist, ANZ
- Pete Wargent, co-founder, Allen Wargent property advisory
- Laura Fitzsimmons, VP, macro sales, JP Morgan Australia
- Con Michalakis, CIO, Statewide Super
- James Whelan, investment manager, VFS Group
- Stephen Koukoulas, MD, Market Economics
- Adam Smith, Chief Operating Officer, OFX
- Eleanor Creagh, markets strategist, Saxo Capital Markets
- Cameron Kusher, senior researcher, CoreLogic
There’ll be drinks and canapes on the night and the opportunity to hear directly from our panellists on how they see the world now and in the year ahead.
Tickets are $50 and available here, at Humanitix.
You can hear the latest edition of the show below, or search “Devils and Details” wherever you get your podcasts.
Come along — we’d love to see you there.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.