Dell (DELL) will acquire Perot Systems for $30 a share or about $3.9 billion, the WSJ reports.
The price is a 68% premium. Both boards have approved the deal.
Perot Systems provides “a full range of cost-containment solutions,” according to its Web site. Think outsourcing. It employs some ~25,000 people.
Former presidential candidate and billionaire H. Ross Perot founded Perot Systems, and as of 2007, owns 25% of its stock. His son Ross Perot junionr is now the company chairman.
More details gathered by Reuters:
- The transaction is not subject to a financing condition.
- Dell expects the acquisition to be accretive to GAAP earnings in fiscal 2012.
- Perot Systems will become Dell’s services unit.
- The companies together represent $8 billion in services revenue.
- Perot Systems CEO Peter Altabef will remain in charge.