Third Point’s latest 13f-HR is out and it looks like he’s betting big on energy, with four out of his top five holdings (by market value) energy related.He did however, slash his stake in Airgas — in Q3 it was Third Point’s number 3 holding — by 73%.
Meanwhile, he’s still bullish on Potash.
As for healthcare, he increased his Alcon stock and his Health Net stake remained the same — still squeezing into the hedge fund’s top 10 holdings.
Third Point sold off:
- AIRGAS ~ $26 million (- 1,100,000 shares)
Third Point opened stakes in:
- LYONDELLBASELL INDUSTRIES ~$165 million ( ~4,500,000 shares)
- MASSEY ENERGY COMPANY ~ $126 million (2,000,000 shares)
- WILLIAMS ~ $108 million ( 4,000,000 shares)
- LENDER PROCESSING ~$59 million (1,800,000 shares)
Third Point bought more of:
- POTASH ~$226 million (added 200,000 shares to take stake to 1,200,000 shares)
- ALCON ~$131 million (added 100,000 shares to take stake to 800,000 shares)
- APPLE ~$57 million (added 10,000 shares to take stake to 160,000 shares)
The hedge fund’s 10 Largest Holdings are now:
- Smurfit Stone
- PHH Corp
- Health Net
- NXP Semiconductors