DailyD’s chairman is LowerMyBills.com founder Matt Coffin – he sold the company to Experian for $330 million in 2005.
Daily Deal Financings
DailyD is the most recent in a long list of venture financings in the Daily Deals space, including:
- Groupon raised $173 million from DST, Accel, NEA, Battery and more
- LivingSocial raised $49 million from Lightspeed, Grotech, US Venture, and Steve Case
- BuyWithMe raised $21 million from BainCapital Ventures and Matrix
- Bloompsot raised at least $9 million from Menlo Ventures, True Venture and others
- Tippr (owned by Kashless, Inc) has raised at least $5 million from RRE
- HomeRun raised an undisclosed amount from First Round Capital, Founder Collective and others
- Zozi raised an undisclosed amount from Zig Capital, 500 Startups and LaunchCapital
- Doodledeals is a product of NYC incubator LaunchTime LLC
- Yipit raised $1.3 million from RRE, DFJ Gotham, SV Angel and others
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.