NBCU Digital just hired Ashley Parrish to be the new editorial director of DailyCandy.
Emails just went out to DailyCandy’s staff.
At her old job, Parrish was content director for the women and teen networks at Hearst Digital Media. She oversaw Cosmopolitan.com, Seventeen.com, and Redbookmag.com to the tune of 9 million uniques.
At one point, Parrish also oversaw MarieClaire.com and HarpersBazaar.com. Before that, Parrish was a Senior Web Editor at MarieClaire.com.
DailyCandy is the email newsletter that goes out to 3 million subscribers each day, telling them where to eat and shop.
Because it’s opt-in, DailyCandy gets away with charging advertisers huge CPMs. Think triple digits.
Parrish racked up the awards while she was with Hearst. A sample from her LinkedIn profile:
- 2008 – Folio Awards Bronze Medal for Best Website, MarieClaire.com
- 2010 – OMMA Awards Women’s Lifestyle Site Finalist, Redbookmag.com
- 2010 – MIN Editorial & Design Awards Winner for Website Redesign, Seventeen.com
- 2010 – MIN Editorial & Design Awards Winner for Video Programming, Seventeen.com
- 2010 – Gold Award Winner for Creative Excellence, W3 and the International Academy of the Visual Arts, Seventeen.com
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.