- Warning: Spoilers ahead for ” Game of Thrones” season eight, episode six, “The Iron Throne.”
- The series finale showed the aftermath and fallout from Daenerys Targaryen’s sacking of King’s Landing.
- Jon Snow stabbed Daenerys before she could rule, and her Dothraki and Unsullied armies were left with no queen to follow.
- They both presumably left King’s Landing.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Daenerys Targaryen’s loyal Dothraki and Unsullied armies followed her across the Narrow Sea and helped her take the Iron Throne, but they were suddenly left without their queen after her shocking murder during the “Game of Thrones” series finale, titled “The Iron Throne.”
Shortly after taking King’s Landing, Daenerys addressed her warriors with an impassioned speech about the fulfillment of their promises to serve her and voiced plans to defeat tyrants around the world. Neither of the armies had any ties to Westeros, but they were willing to lay down their lives for their queen and cheered at her words.
But after Jon stabbed Dany, the troops were left without their queen or a plan for the future. So where did her armies go?
The Unsullied set sail for Naath.
The Unsullied have a clear destination: the Isle of Naath.
Naath is an island in the Summer Sea and Missandei’s home, so it makes sense for Grey Worm to choose the island as the army’s destination.
Back when Missandei and Grey Worm were both at Winterfell, they had a discussion about being foreigners in Westeros. When Grey Worm asks her if there’s anywhere else she’d like to go, she says she’d like to return to Naath and see the beaches once again.
“Then I’ll take you there,” Grey Worm says.
“My people are peaceful,” Missandei responds. “We cannot protect ourselves.”
“My people are not peaceful,” Grey Worm says. “We will protect you.”
Missandei was sold into slavery in Essos as a young girl and never had a chance to return home. She was captured and Cersei had her executed in front of Daenerys and Grey Worm before the final battle at King’s Landing.
Grey Worm and the Unsullied sailing for the island means Grey Worm can protect Missandei’s people like he said he would.
The Dothraki are probably sailing back to Essos.
When Daenerys first met the Dothraki, they were terrified of the ocean, which in their language literally translates to “poison water.” Daenerys’ khalasar eventually pledged to follow her across the Narrow Sea, and they set sail for Westeros at the end of season six.
Though much of her army appeared to be slaughtered during the Battle of Winterfell, it seems that enough warriors were left to help take King’s Landing.
When Jon is meeting his siblings at the docks, a few Dothraki can be seen walking among the ships. With the death of their queen, those that survived probably decided to cross the ocean once again and head back home as they are nomadic warriors and are used to the plains.
- Read more:
- How that devastating ‘Game of Thrones’ finale death was an imperfect fulfillment of the show’s biggest prophecy
- 31 unanswered questions the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale left fans to ponder
- 6 symbolic details you might have missed in Sansa’s coronation gown on the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
- Here’s everything Brienne wrote inside the Kingsguard book during the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.