Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Yesterday, Bitmain announced a new ASIC (application-specific integrated circuit) mining rig specifically for ethereum.
Not only is it about 2.5 times more powerful than current GPU mining systems while costing only $US800, RBC Capital Markets says it could make a dent in the boost Nvidia has seen from cryptocurrencies in the past year.
Here are the current crypto prices:
- Coinbase snags a former New York Stock Exchange exec to push crypto to Wall Street
- Cryptocurrencies are getting smoked as investors move to ‘risk off’
- Here’s how much cryptocurrency scammers are making by ripping off ‘greedy’ investors
- Litecoin surges after the CEO of an American Express-backed crypto startup explains why it’s moving away from bitcoin for smart contracts
- Bitcoin had its worst start to a year ever
New to Crypto Insider? Business Insider has a ton of articles to get you caught up to speed, including:
- How to buy and sell cryptocurrencies using Coinbase on your iPhone
- Paying taxes on bitcoin isn’t nearly as hard as it sounds
- How to buy Ripple’s XRP cryptocurrency
- An ETF veteran who ditched Wall Street for crypto explains how bitcoin can fit into a portfolio
What other questions do you have about crypto? Ask them in Business Insider’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.