Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Silicon Valley may be flush with cash, but its monarchs often don’t like to flaunt their wealth. The culture encourages tech’s casual millionaires to stay humble, spend on sneakers and hoodies instead of parties, and focus on the work more than the spoils.
Cryptocurrency investors, on the other hand, haven’t shown the same humility. People who made their riches in bitcoin and ether are buying Lamborghinis as the ultimate status symbol in their community.
Here are the current crypto prices as equity markets nosedive:
- Google Cloud is experimenting with blockchains – and it could make us think completely differently about the technology
- Bitcoin Foundation cofounder: Crypto isn’t in a bubble – ‘bitcoin is the pin that’s going to pop the bubble’
- One of the first companies to pivot to crypto is getting eviscerated after being ousted from the Russell
- Bitcoin just grabbed its biggest slice of the crypto pie since last year
- There are only two weeks left until tax day – here’s what to expect if you haven’t filed your tax return with the IRS yet
New to Crypto Insider? Business Insider has a ton of articles to get you caught up to speed, including:
- How to buy and sell cryptocurrencies using Coinbase on your iPhone
- Paying taxes on bitcoin isn’t nearly as hard as it sounds
- How to buy Ripple’s XRP cryptocurrency
- An ETF veteran who ditched Wall Street for crypto explains how bitcoin can fit into a portfolio
What other questions do you have about crypto? Ask them in Business Insider’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.