Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
The Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday announced a long-awaited decision on whether Ethereum was a security. Much to the relief of many crypto enthusiasts, the agency’s head of corporate finance said it is not a security. Here’s what that decision means for cryptocurrencies and ICO’s going forward.
Here are the current crypto prices:
And today’s news:
- A trading company with 10 million customers is setting up a crypto desk for hedge funds and banks
- Grammy Award-winning musician Imogen Heap is using Ethereum and the Harry Potter musical to fund her blockchain project
- Ethereum spikes after the SEC declares it’s not a security
New to Crypto Insider? Business Insider has a ton of articles to get you caught up to speed, including:
- How to buy and sell major cryptocurrencies using Coinbase on your iPhone
- How to buy Ripple’s XRP
- An ETF veteran who ditched Wall Street for crypto explains how bitcoin can fit into a portfolio
- Track the price of nearly two-dozen cryptocurrencies here
What other questions do you have about crypto? Ask them in
Business Insider’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.