- Cristiano Ronaldo’s girlfriend, Georgina Rodriguez, denied that she was pregnant in a recently resurfaced interview.
- She told a Spanish magazine in June that if she looked bloated, it’s because she’d been eating a lot of pasta.
- Ronaldo and Rodriguez ended up moving to Italy when the striker left Real Madrid for Juventus in a blockbuster transfer last summer.
- Considering they live in the country that made the food famous, it’s likely she’s still eating a lot of pasta.
- Read all of Business Insider’s coverage of the 2018-19 soccer season here.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s girlfriend, Georgina Rodriguez, once denied rumors that she was pregnant by saying that if she looked bloated, it was actually because she’d been eating a lot of pasta.
Ronaldo and Rodriguez have been dating for several years, though the exact timeframe of their relationship is not known.
A former waitress in her hometown of Jaca, in northeast Spain, Rodriguez moved to England to be an au pair before working as a shop assistant at a Gucci store in Madrid, according to Goal.com. She is currently a lingerie model.
Rodriguez has a daughter with Ronaldo, Alana Martina, who was born in November 2017 and is Ronaldo’s fourth child.
Rodriguez told the Spanish magazine Hola last June that the couple were not expecting another baby. The Sun and the Spanish daily newspaper Marca wrote about the interview this week amid new rumors that she’s pregnant.
Instead, she said, she had just been eating a lot of pasta.
“I had been travelling from plane to plane and had eaten pasta for four days in a row,” she said.
- embed type
“I’m human,” she added. “I retain liquids, and my hormones influence me, and I am still recovering from the previous birth.”
As Ronaldo and Rodriguez have lived in Italy since the start of the Serie A soccer season, after the striker left Real Madrid in a blockbuster transfer last summer, it’s likely she’s still eating a lot of pasta.
Rodriguez, who has frequently been seen at Ronaldo’s side, earlier this year accompanied her superstar boyfriend to a Spanish courtroom where he smiled and signed autographs after accepting a $22 million fine and a suspended two-year jail term over allegations of tax fraud.
She is also regularly spotted in the crowd at Ronaldo’s soccer matches.
Last month, she was seen wiping away tears after seeing him pull Juventus back from the brink of an aggregate defeat as he scored all three goals in his team’s win over Atletico Madrid.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.