Just like the supermarkets, the cost of a tradie will depend on where you live.
Data provided to Business Insider by ServiceSeeking.com.au shows the disparity in fees from one Sydney neighbourhood to the next.
For example, residents of the Eastern Suburbs and the North Shore pay up to 49% more for their tradies than other suburbs in Sydney.
Here’s where you’ll find the cheapest prices:
- Painters are charging $41/hour in Blacktown, Padstow and Wetherill Park, Beacon Hill, Westmead and Chatswood
- Carpenters are charging $52/hour in Granville, Oatley, Cherrybrook, Rockdale, Kingsgrove and Gladesville
- Electricians are charging $67/hr in Dural, Westmead, Baulkham Hills, Quakers Hill, Frenchs Forest, Pymble and Ashfield
- Plumbers are charging $67/hr in Rockdale, Carlton, Greenacre, Roselands, Chester Hill, Carlingford and Marsden Park
And the most expensive:
- Painters are charging $84/hour in Manly, Waverley, Newport, Forestville, Gordon, Turramurra, Cronulla, Annandale and Kingsgrove
- Carpenters are charging $85/hour in Bellevue Hill, Woollahra, Paddington, Randwick, Coogee, Pyrmont, Leichhardt, Gordon, Turramurra and Eastwood
- Electricians are charging $98/hr in Bondi Beach, Vaucluse, Manly, Waterloo, Surry Hills, Gladesville and Roseberry
- Plumbers are charging $96/hr in Rosebay, Bondi Beach, Bellevue Hill, Paddington, Darling Point, Mosman, Balmain, Forest Lodge, Crows Nest, Willoughby, Roseville, Lindfield and North Ryde
Here’s a look at how much you can expect to pay for a tradie, carpenter, plumber and more, according your postcode.
ServiceSeeking.com.au mapped the average hourly charge-out rates of tradies by comparing 40,000 quotes submitted on the site in the last financial year.
The map displays areas with prices above the average in red and areas below the average in green.
Read more here.