- Conor McGregor just announced his shock retirement from MMA.
- McGregor furnishes his Instagram with photos of him wearing expensive suits and driving fast cars.
- But his head coach John Kavanagh has said the ex-UFC fighter doesn’t actually spend much money.
- In a December interview, Kavanagh said McGregor is paid to wear the suits and is given the cars.
- McGregor’s net worth is approximately $US99 million, according to Forbes.
This is because he is given the fast cars that he drives and is paid to wear the expensive suits he dons at media events and post-fight parties.
McGregor has become one of the most famous names in combat sports thanks to a former two-weight champion status at the UFC, but he recently launched Proper No. Twelve whiskey as well as a clothing line called August McGregor.
His business interests, sponsorship deals, and career earnings mean his net worth is approximately $US99 million, according to Forbes.
And though he furnishes his Instagram account with photos of himself dressed in sharp suits and wearing a gold watch or driving a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or a Rolls Royce, it is unlikely he actually pays for any of this himself.
“He’s as competitive now with his business, his whiskey, as he is with his fighting,” Kavanagh told The Irish Independent back in December. “It sounds weird but he doesn’t actually spend much money; everything he wears he’s paid to wear; everything he drives is given to him; he’s not into restaurants, his missus makes his meals.”
He added: “He’s in a fairly modest home. He doesn’t gamble.”
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.