Huge congratulations to the entire team at Groupon.
What you’ve accomplished in the last three years is nothing short of remarkable.
- You’ve invented a whole new industry
- You’ve built one of the fastest-growing companies in history
- You’ve created more than 10,000 jobs
- You’ve generated more $1 billion of annual revenue
- You’ve helped hundreds of thousands of companies get boatloads of new customers
- You’ve brought deals to tens of millions of consumers
- You’ve helped inspire a new generation of startups and entrepreneurs
- You’ve weathered a firestorm of criticism, and
- You’ve gone public at nearly a $15 billion valuation
In short, you’ve created something massive and important and dynamic out of nothing.
No, you’re not done. Yes, there will be tough times ahead. No, it won’t be easy. But then nothing worth doing ever is.
America needs more companies like you, Groupon.
Here’s to you and your mind-boggling success!