As businesses wrap up 2014 and look toward the year ahead, CommSec has released its annual Big Issues report.
Chief economist Craig James’ report covers the issues it expects will influence the economy over the next 12 months.
He notes the past year has been “largely unremarkable and the coming year looks more of the same”.
Here are the trends he’ll be watching:
- Is inflation dead?
- The end of corporate pricing power?
- When will the US start lifting interest rates?
- Where should investors put their money?
- What is the ‘fair value’ for the Aussie dollar?
- Does Europe still matter?
- Home prices to slip or slump?
- What shape is the job market really in?
Here are CommSec’s forecasts.