Photo: Capitan Giona via flickr
Just when you thought that whole Secret Service prostitution scandal story was finally over, there’s this:According to the Associated Press, the Colombian prostitute who says she started the whole investigation has revealed a bunch of new details in a 90-minute interview with Columbia’s W Radio.
Dania Londono Suarez, who claims she was the prostitute that sparked the Secret Service scandal by calling the police, spent most of the time recounting what happened that night.
And while none of the things she said will likely alter the fate of the agents involved in the case, eight of whom have already lost their jobs, the new details are certainly entertaining.
According to her interview, Suarez spent five hours with a Secret Service agent in a Cartagena hotel room, and during that time, she apparently had a number of opportunities to access his private belongings. “The man slept all night,” she said. “If I had wanted to, I could have gone through all his documents, his wallet, his suitcase.”
Of course, Suarez said she didn’t do any of that and actually didn’t even know at the time that the man belonged to President Obama’s security detail. She said the only thing that gave a clue to his identity was his brown uniform. Had she known the identity of the man, she said she wouldn’t have called the cops after he refused to pay her the $800 they agreed upon earlier.
Suarez said she now regrets calling the cops and that her life is “practically destroyed.” “My name is in the gutter,” she said, and Suarez’s photo has appeared on numerous sites since the incident. Ironically, Suarez said she is happily willing to sell her story or nude pictures of herself.
Here are some more details:
- Suarez met the man at the hotel bar and accompanied him back to his hotel room, stopping on the way to buy condoms.
- Suarez said all the men were drunk — “They bought alcohol like they were buying water,” she said. Suarez said there was no evidence of illegal drugs. The man Suarez was with, however, was only “moderately drunk.”
- Suarez said she charges between $600 and $800 for sex in Cartagena and only picks up foreign clients.
- She said that she became a prostitute because “it’s an easy life” and allowed her to study and take care of her son.
- Given the recent scandal, Suarez said she is done with prostitution. “This has cured me of it all,” she said. “Even if I’m not hired for the magazine covers, I will never do it again.”
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.