JPMorgan retail guru Brian J. Tunick held a meeting with Lew Frankfort, the CEO of handbag maker Coach.
His takeaways, particularly as they relate to Asia, are interesting:
- 50% of growth will come from international markets over the next 5-7 years.
- Energy prices not a big factor in this business.
- The premium handbag/accessories market in Asia is $12 billion, vs. $9 billion in the US.
- Men represent 25% of the Asian market for handbags and accessories, vs. just 15% in the rest of the world.
- China sales should grow 75% in 2011, and then another 75% in 20112.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.