- Clemson beat Alabama, 44-16, in the college football championship.
- The game was their third championship meeting in four years, with Alabama winning the first and Clemson winning the second.
- After the game, odds-makers put Alabama first and Clemson second to win the 2020 championship, meaning we could get a rematch next year.
Clemson demolished Alabama, 44-16, on Monday in the college football championship.
It was the third championship meeting in four years between the two teams – last season they met in the semifinal. Alabama won the first game in 2015, but Clemson took the second game in 2016.
Lest anyone get tired of the Crimson Tide and Tigers meeting in the final, the two teams were the immediate favourites to win the championship next season.
2020 College Football National Championship Game winner
Ohio St 12/1
Notre Dame 25/1
Mississippi St 50/1
— Jeff Sherman (@golfodds) January 8, 2019
The two teams have been identical over the last four seasons.
Last four seasons:
— Cole Cubelic (@colecubelic) January 8, 2019
Will we get a rematch in 2020?
- Read more:
- Wild angle shows the ridiculous circus catch Clemson breakout receiver Justyn Ross made while shredding Alabama
- Alabama’s first drive of the second half ended with a baffling fake field goal attempt
- Twitter roasted Imagine Dragons during halftime of the College Football Playoff championship
- CLEMSON DOMINATES ALABAMA FOR THE TITLE: Here are the top plays and big moments everybody will be talking about
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.