- “Avengers” actor Chris Evans slammed conservative commentator Tomi Lahren on Twitter Wednesday after the Fox Nation host called refugee parents “shitty.”
- “The complete lack of sympathy, respect, and general awareness is astonishing,” Evans wrote. “Also, I would carry my kid through fire if it meant escaping hell.”
- Lahren had tweeted on Tuesday that any refugee who brings their child with them is not only a “criminal,” but also a “shitty parent.”
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
“Avengers” actor Chris Evans slammed “Fox Nation” host Tomi Lahren on Twitter Wednesday for her comments about refugee parents.
Evans said Lahrens’ “complete lack of sympathy, respect, and general awareness” was “astonishing.”
“I would carry my kid through fire if it meant escaping hell,” the actor added.
Wow. The complete lack of sympathy, respect, and general awareness is astonishing. Also, I would carry my kid through fire if it meant escaping hell. https://t.co/FPt9gJOuEA
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) July 31, 2019
Evans’ response came after Lahren posted a controversial tweet calling refugee parents “s—ty” on Tuesday.
“If you traipse your kid 2,000 miles in dangerous conditions you’re not only a criminal, you’re a s—ty parent,” Lahren tweeted.
If you traipse your kid 2,000 miles in dangerous conditions you're not only a criminal, you're a shitty parent.
— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) July 31, 2019
Lahren’s tweet comes at a time of intense focus on the US/Mexico border, with many decrying the treatment of immigrants. President Donald Trump has become notorious for his stance on immigration, and has escalated efforts to restrict immigration in recent weeks and months. Many families have become separated in recent months and a large amount of attention is being given to the treatment of children in detention centres.
Fans of the “Avengers” actor were quick to express their support for Evans on social media, calling him a “future super dad” and praising his decency.
FUTURE SUPER DAD! ❤️????❤️
— ︽✵︽ Maddy︽✵︽ (@MaddyCastiel) July 31, 2019
wtf i love you so much
— emily (@starksyndrome) July 31, 2019
That's because you are decent human being , Chris. There is nothing I wouldn't do for my son.
— ????????????????Stacy #BidenHarris2020???????????????? (@stacyo72) July 31, 2019
Representatives for Lahren didn’t immediately respond to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Watch the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ stars break character in a newly released blooper reel
- linkChris Evans interrupted a Comic Con panel so he could pet a dog in the audience, and fans are swooning over how ‘pure’ the actor is
- Chris Evans mocked founders of a ‘straight pride parade,’ but some critics say he did it in a problematic way
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.