- GettyAfter being spotted with Rihanna the past three nights in a row, Chris Brown confirmed he’s ended his relationship with Karrueche Tran for his ex-girlfriend, saying: “I have decided to be single to focus on my career. I love Karrueche very much but I don’t want to see her hurt over my friendship with Rihanna. I’d rather be single allowing us to both be happy in our lives.”
- A “Hungry Hungry Hippos” movie is actually happening. According to Vulture, “Earlier this year, Hasbro’s pact with Universal fell apart, but now production company Emmett/Furla has stepped in and resurrected the seemingly defunct Monopoly movie and signed a deal for two additional films. One of those will be based on Action Man, who is basically British G.I. Joe, and the other will be [an animated feature] on Hungry Hungry Hippos.”
- Mel Brooks will receive the The 41st AFI Life Achievement Award—the highest honour for a career in film.
- National Geographic has teamed with Weinstein Co. on a “Seal Team Six” movie, chronicling the operation that led to the killing of the al-Qaeda leader and represents NGC’s first broadcast of a feature inspired by real-life events.
- After her husband Patrick Swayze passed away in 2009, his widow Lisa Niemi is dating again—currently seeing jeweler Albert DePrisco. “It’s new, and they’re taking it slow,” her rep says.
- Bristol Palin thinks her mum is way hotter than “Game Change” star Julianne Moore, telling E! “I don’t think [Julianne Moore’s] a good interpreter of my mum. I think my mum is way hotter than that. I think she doesn’t have that accent. It’s kind of silly, but my mum’s awesome.”
- Jay-Z will live stream his final Barclays show on Saturday via his site, Life+Times.
- Kanye West has deleted his Twitter (again) … save a single post that reads “BE BACK SOON.”
- Mariah Carey’s posse includes … a personal umbrella holder.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.