Photo: Getty Images
Shares of Chesapeake Energy tanked Wednesday after missing analysts’ EPS estimates yesterday afternoon. The stock was last down more than 13% in during mid-day trading.
Chesapeake Energy has come under a great deal of scrutiny recently.
Today Reuters’ came out with a bombshell investigation that CEO and chairman Aubrey McClendon was running a $200 million private hedge fund that traded in oil and natural gas, in addition to other commodities. Last month, Reuters reported that McClendon borrowed as much as $1.1 billion in loans against his stakes in Chesapeake oil and gas wells he received under the company’s “Founder Well Participation Program.”
Here are the 10 hedge funds with the largest stake in the natural gas and oil exploration and production company, according to the most recent 13F regulatory filing data compiled by Bloomberg. One thing to note is hedge funds only have to report their long holdings in 13F regulatory filings.
- Millennium Management: ~1.66 million shares
- Westchester Capital Management: ~1.49 million shares
- Ivory Investment Management: ~1.45 million shares
- Aletheia Research: ~1.3 million shares
- Tetrem Capital Management: ~1.04 million shares
- Samlyn Capital LLC: 803,300 shares
- Tocqueville Asset Management: 700,995
- DE Shaw: 700,995
- BP Capital Management: 570,055
- Two Sigma Investments: 503,370
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.