When it comes to cheating on their spouses, New Yorkers are willing to spend a surprising amount on a hotel room.Adulterous dating website AshleyMadison.com just released the results of a survey looking at the favourite hotels of cheaters. Of the top 10, only one—the Holiday Inn on West 57th Street—was a budget option.
The W Hotel on Lexington Avenue was by far the most popular, with 29 per cent of respondents saying they had met an affair partner there. Rooms at the hotel start at around $269 a night.
And Dominique Strauss-Kahn’s notorious hotel choice, the Sofitel, rounded out the list. Rooms at the posh midtown hotel start at $295 a night.
The website surveyed 3,127 male members, who were asked to indicate which hotels and motels they had met affair partners at. They were allowed to select multiple hotels.
The survey also found that the majority of extra-marital meetups—56.3 per cent—occur after 5pm, while just 18.6 per cent stick around for an all-night sleepover.
The top 10 NYC hotels for an affair, according to AshleyMadison.com:
- 29% The W (541 Lexington Ave.)
- 21% The Holiday Inn (440 W 57th Street)
- 19% Marriott Marquis (1535 Broadway)
- 14% Gansevoort (18 9th Avenue.)
- 13% Waldorf Astoria (301 Park Avenue)
- 12% Millennium Hilton (55 Church Street)
- 11% Four Seasons (57 East 57th Street)
- 11% The Dream (210 West 55th Street)
- 10% Soho Grand (310 West Broadway)
- 10% Sofitel (45 West 44th Street)
NOW WATCH: Executive Life videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.