Mobile apps like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram are touted as the next great opportunity for advertisers, publishers and businesses of all types.
But what if a simple conversation tool had the ability to turn prospects into customers far better than any of those hot platforms?
Chatbots are software programs that use messaging platforms as the interface to perform a wide variety of tasks—everything from scheduling a meeting to reporting the weather, to helping a customer buy a sweater.
Because texting is the heart of the mobile experience for smartphone users, chatbots are a natural way to turn something users are very familiar with into a rewarding service or marketing opportunity.
And when you consider that the top 4 messaging apps reach over 3 billion global users (MORE than the top 4 social networks), you can see that the opportunity is huge.
Those who study the mobile communications field say that chatbots just might overtake apps as the most powerful communications—and commerce—tool on Earth.
Some experts are even predicting they could replace the need for stand-alone smartphone apps altogether!
Here’s why they’re so high on chatbots:
- Texting is the heart of the mobile experience, so interacting with chatbots is easy and convenient
- Unlike apps, there’s little friction to texting—no apps to open or navigate
- Most apps are unused—only a handful are used regularly each week
- The most avid texters are under 30, which just happens to be the most attractive audience for advertisers
Chatbots are versatile—they not only reside on messaging services, but also on the web, in apps and across multiple devices. And they are improving rapidly in sophistication. Thanks to improving artificial intelligence, specifically machine language and natural language processing, they are already able to simulate human interactions to a surprising degree.
If your company or your job has a significant online presence, you simply must get up to speed on this fast-moving area.
After months of researching and reporting this important trend, BI Intelligence, Business Insider’s premium research service, has put together an essential briefing that explains chatbots from A to Z.
The valuable insights you’ll get from this new report, titled The Chatbots Explainer: How Chatbots are Changing the App Paradigm and Creating a New Mobile Monetization Opportunity, include:
- Chatbots 101—what chatbots are, how they’re used today and how they’re evolving before our eyes
- Why chatbots could replace mobile apps in the next decade
- The 3 most powerful uses for chatbots
- A complete breakdown of the chatbot ecosystem from top to bottom, including important companies on the leading edge—innovators among deployment channels, notable 3rd party chatbot providers, key players in the enabling technology sphere, and top firms in native chatbots
- How smart businesses will monetize chatbots
- The significant cost savings that businesses of all types can realize from adopting chatbots
- Surprising intelligence that reveals when and why consumers want to be contacted via chatbots
- 5 significant barriers to chatbot adoption
- And much more.
This exclusive report is a “must-have” if you want to understand this technology’s exciting present and fascinating future.
The Chatbots Explainer: How Chatbots are Changing the App Paradigm and Creating a New Mobile Monetization Opportunity is how you get the full story on chatbots and the opportunity they present for businesses of all types.
To get your copy of this invaluable guide to chatbots, choose one of these options:
- Purchase an ALL-ACCESS Membership that entitles you to immediate access to not only this report, but also dozens of other research reports, subscriptions to all 6 of the BI Intelligence daily newsletters, and much more. >> START A MEMBERSHIP
- Purchase the report and download it immediately from our research store. >> BUY THE REPORT
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.