In honour of the Fourth of July, here are 25 great things about America.
1) The odds are overwhelming that if you don’t have an outdoor grill, your neighbour does.
2) There is now craft beer everywhere.
3) We have the top-two most profitable companies in the world.
4) And two of the top-three largest firms by sales.
5) We have the most valuable brands.
6) We created the most visited websites in the world.
7) In March, we produced more oil than both Saudi Arabia and the combined output of Europe and South America.
8) Texas alone would be the 13th-largest oil producer in the world if it were its own country.
9) And natural gas production? No. 1 in the world.
10) At the same time, we’re slowly but surely getting rid of energy sources that pollute the environment.
11) And we are ever-less reliant on imports from OPEC.
12) And only Venezuelans and Saudis need fewer wages to pay for a gallon of gas.
13) More Americans are graduating from college than ever before.
14) There’s still a long way to go, but the gender pay gap has closed considerably in the past two decades.
15) At the same time, we remain extremely fertile.
16) We’re living longer than ever.
17) And polluting less.
18) We have tons of rich people.
19) And the world still loves our money.
20) We have more Halls of Fame than anyone.
21) We boast 50% of the top-10 all-time Olympic gold medalists (we have really good swimmers).
22) We produced three of the sixth most winningest tennis players ever.
23) Measured by trademarks, we are the most creative country that’s ever existed.
24) And we’ve produced the best-selling solo artists of all time.
25) In addition to having created the best-selling albums.
26) In addition to two of the top-five highest selling works of art (if you count William de Kooning).
27) And finally, we’ve written the most popular songs of all time.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.