Most Americans still don’t use the mobile Internet, but it’s growing rapidly, according to new research from Pew.
Some 34% of mobile phone owners polled this year send and receive email on their mobile devices, up about one-third from 25% last year. Some 38% “access the Internet,” also up from about 25% last year.
And a third of mobile phone owners play music on their devices, up more than half from last year. Thank Apple’s iPhone — and Google Android phones with better music players — for that one.
Also in Pew’s research:
- 54% have used their mobile device to send someone a photo or video
- 23% have accessed a social networking site using their phone
- 20% have used their phone to watch a video
- 11% have purchased a product using their phone
- 11% have made a charitable donation by text message
- 10% have used their mobile phone to access a status update service such as Twitter
Follow the Chart Of The Day on Twitter: www.twitter.com/chartoftheday
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.