Photo: US Air Force
It’s tough to protect your privacy, especially in a world as hyperconnected as this one.Information Week’s Robert Strohmeyer took it upon himself to tackle five preconceived notions about smartphone location tracking.
Here’s what he revealed after a closer look.
- MYTH: You can’t turn off location tracking.
- MYTH: Someone is scrutinizing your movements.
- MYTH: It’s all encrypted.
- MYTH: All of the location data is your own.
- MYTH: “Anonymous” means “completely unidentifiable.”