- The 72nd Emmy Awards were held virtually on Sunday for the first time in history.
- Jimmy Kimmel hosted from the Staples Centre arena in Los Angeles, California.
- Because most celebrities weren’t able to attend in person, many stars stayed home and wore pajamas for the event.
- Jameela Jamil, Jennifer Aniston, and Rachel Brosnahan are among those who shared photos of themselves celebrating in sleepwear from home.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The 72nd Emmy Awards were held virtually for the first time in history on Sunday â€” and some celebrities attending from home dressed accordingly.
Of course, some stars wore glamorous gowns and sleek suits. Others, however, mixed sleepwear with red-carpet fashion, and included pajamas in their Emmys attire.
From Jennifer Aniston to Jameela Jamil, here are the celebrities who wore pajamas before and during the show.
Jameela Jamil paired a white pajama set with a sparkly dressing gown.
She also ditched shoes, and added a long-sleeved, Markarian dressing gown with yellow, blue, white, and pink sparkles on top. Jamil added that the latter garment was inspired by her “The Good Place” character, writing: “It’s what Tahani would have wanted. And this is her day, not mine.”
Jennifer Aniston shared a snapshot of her $US665 sleepwear ahead of the show on Instagram.
As Insider’s Celia Fernandez reported, “The Morning Show” star wore “a $US330 organic Japanese cotton robe and the matching $US335 organic Japanese cotton pajama set from Pour Les Femmes, a sleepwear company owned by actor and activist Robin Wright and designer Karen Fowler.”
Both pieces are sold out, though “the robe is available for preorder in light blue, and the pajama set is also available in the same colour” at the time of writing, according to Fernandez.
Rachel Brosnahan wore “fashion pajamas” that matched her dog’s bow tie.
Speaking to Variety, Jill Lincoln and Jordan Johnson, Brosnahan’s stylists, said they “had so much fun” putting together this year’s sleepwear-inspired look because “it’s kind of the same hat” and “trying to reinvent the wheel” for typical red carpets.
“This year we got to really just be playful with it,” Johnson said.
Mark Duplass, who stars in “The Morning Show,” mixed a tuxedo jacket with pajamas.
“Tonight’s look brought to u by old a– tux jacket from CYRUS awards season and Target’s limited Clark Griswold Christmas Jammies collection,” the actor wrote on Instagram.
Mark Foster donned a red, tiger-print robe to support his wife Julia Garner, who won outstanding supporting actress in a drama series for her role in “Ozark.”
Garner, on the other hand, rocked a ’20s-inspired look that included a shiny, sleeveless dress, layers of pearls, and a matching, pearl-encrusted headband.
Alex Borstein paired a glamorous makeup look with a couture evening gown.
Nominated for outstanding supporting actress in a comedy series, for her role on “The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel,” Borstein shared four Instagram photos of herself seemingly lounging on a bed during the Emmys broadcast.
- Read more:
- Jennifer Aniston prepped for the Emmys in a $US665 loungewear set and face mask before changing into a classic black gown
- Jameela Jamil went braless in pajamas with a sequin dressing gown for her Emmys look
- William Jackson Harper wore matching ‘good trouble’ T-shirts with his girlfriend and dog for the 2020 Emmys, paying tribute to John Lewis
- The most daring outfits Zendaya has ever worn, from sheer gowns to eye-catching pantsuits
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.