News

A woman contracted a fatal brain-eating amoeba using a neti pot for her sinuses

Doctors believe that the 69-year-old Seattle woman contracted a fatal brain-eating amoeba after using tap water in her neti pot rather than the sterile saline solution. She contracted an amoeba called Balamuthia mandrillaris. The amoeba causes a “very rare disease that is usually fatal” called granulomatous amoebic encephalitis (GAE). After […]
A woman contracted a fatal brain-eating amoeba using a neti pot for her sinuses