- Felix, a one-year-old cat, climbed into his owner’s washing machine and miraculously endured a 35-minute wash cycle.
- Immediately after coming out of the wash, Felix was “soaking wet and barely breathing, confused and unable to see, with bruises all over his body,” Asha Carroll McCullough wrote in a GoFundMe about the animal.
- She set up the fundraiser, which has brought in over $US10,000, to cover the veterinary bills.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Maybe this cat really does have nine lives.
Felix, a one-year-old cat, climbed into his owner’s washing machine on Wednesday for the duration of a 35-minute wash cycle – and somehow he survived!
Stefani Carroll-Kirchoff, who lives in a suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota, told KARE-11 that Felix must have snuck into the washer while she had turned away, if only for a moment. Carroll-Kirchoff told the outlet that she always checks both her washer and dryer for one of her three cats before starting a load.
“I’ve never seen them go in the washer or dryer, but I’d heard of this happening,” she said. “So, I always check.”
This time, she didn’t. And 35 minutes later, she found quite the surprise waiting for her: a fully soaked cat.
Immediately after coming out of the wash, Felix was “soaking wet and barely breathing, confused and unable to see, with bruises all over his body,” Asha Carroll-McCullough, Stefani’s daughter, wrote in a GoFundMe about the animal.
Stefani and her father immediately brought Felix to the emergency vet for treatment. At first, he was considered to be in critical condition, but as of Sunday, his health has improved.
“Upon arrival, Felix had low blood pressure, low heart rate, low oxygen levels, low temperature (we thought, indicative of – he was extremely cold), bruising, and chemical corneal burns, which at the time were causing blindness,” Asha wrote. “Since then, Felix’s blood pressure and heart rate have returned to normal, and he has been eating a ton, using his litter box, cuddling with staff and family members, and even gave himself a bath.”
At this time, the GoFundMe has exceeded its fundraising goal of $US10,000. Asha wrote that any excess money not used for Felix’s medical bills will be donated to charity.
Speaking to the Pioneer Press, Stefani said that her family is grateful for all the support – and that the cat is on the road to recovery.
“The personality on this guy is … it’s one of a kind,” she said. “He’s loveable, but he does get himself into trouble.”
- Read more:
- A 463-pound alligator meandered onto a Floridian interstate and was hit by a truck
- Experts are scratching their heads over a mysterious new species called a ‘cat-fox’ found wandering on a French island
- A goldfish turned up in the Niagara River after being flushed down the toilet – and it’s just really, really big
- A child is ‘totally unfazed’ after being bitten by a 5-foot-long snake that crawled into his home
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.