- A cat named Baloo recently went missing.
- Baloo was mistakenly shipped from Nova Scotia to Montreal after he unwittingly climbed into a cardboard box.
- The kitten was found in the back of a shipping truck at which point the SPCA was contacted.
- Ultimately, Baloo and his owner Jaqueline Lake were reunited.
Life, as they say, is a highway. And a cat named Baloo, well, he’s riding it.
As CTV Montreal reports, last week the young cat was mistakenly shipped 700 miles from his home when he unwittingly climbed into a cardboard box.
Unbeknownst to his owner, Jacqueline Lake, Baloo climbed into a cardboard box full of car rims and began the long and arduous journey from Nova Scotia to Montreal, per the outlet. Like something out of a “Garfield” cartoon, the trip took 17 hours, according to CTV News.
“He got under [the box], so he wasn’t on top,” Lake told CTV Montreal of the mix-up. “He had gotten in through the little hole of the rim down into the bottom of the box.”
But Baloo wasn’t gone for long. Shortly into his journey, the cat was found in the back of a truck in the box. Drivers were suspicious because of the sight and smell of urine.
Ultimately, the Purolator office of Montreal, the region’s postal service, contacted the SPCA for help. And they were able to reunite Baloo and Lake, who was frantically searching for her cat.
“To actually have him be ok and coming back to me, I’m so thankful, I’m so thankful,” Lake said.
Paw’s well that ends well!
- Read more:
- A very good service dog was given an honorary diploma from a New York university
- The owner of a celebrity dog who makes 6 figures a movie cloned it for just $US55,000, and says the dog is ‘a piece of intellectual property’
- People in Ohio are decorating a weed growing in a footpath crack like a Christmas tree
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.