- Cardi B met her idol Lady Gaga at the 2019 Grammy Awards Sunday.
- Photos show Cardi freaking out as she talked to Gaga.
- In 2016, Cardi tweeted that Gaga inspired her.
Cardi B had a big night at the 2019 Grammy Awards Sunday.
The 26-year-old rapper made history as the first solo woman to win best rap album, performed her hit song “Money,” and finally met one of her idols, Lady Gaga.
Photos show an ecstatic Cardi freaking out after meeting Gaga at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. She couldn’t stop smiling as she talked to Gaga in the audience.
Back in 2016, Cardi expressed her admiration for the pop star in a tweet.
“When I was a teenager Lady Gaga changed my life,” she wrote. “She inspired me to be myself & be different.”
At that point, Cardi didn’t have her hit “Bodak Yellow” yet, but she was on “Love & Hip Hop: New York” and had released her first EP.
Two years later, in April 2018, Gaga responded to Cardi’s tweet and wrote, “Love you girl.”
Love you girl.
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) April 6, 2018
That same year, Gaga responded to a video of Cardi performing Gaga’s “Bad Romance” at her high school talent show.
“I live,” she wrote on Twitter.
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) April 11, 2018
- Read more of our 2019 Grammys coverage:
- Janelle Monáe’s performance at the Grammys was a tribute to vaginas and people were here for it
- Pink’s kids gave her a homemade Grammy after the singer lost at the 2019 awards show
- Cardi B turned up to the Grammys in a pearl-adorned dress that made her look like she was emerging from a shell
- John Mayer once gave half of a broken Grammy to Alicia Keys and they just reunited the pieces on the award show
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.