- Cardi B turned heads on the 2019 Grammy Awards red carpet in a pearl-adorned Mugler dress, worn over a sheer bodysuit that made her look like she was emerging from a shell.
- The rapper also wore an arrangement of pearls on top of her head.
- Twitter users had a lot to say about the ensemble, comparing Cardi’s hat to a tower of Ferrero Rocher chocolates and her dress to a coffee filter.
Cardi B arrived at the 2019 Grammy Awards, held Sunday at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, in show-stopping style.
The rapper wore a semi-sheer pink and black Mugler dress that was adorned in pearls over a sheer bodysuit. The dress flared out at her waist, creating a dramatic ruffled shape that made her look like she was emerging from a shell.
She also wore an arrangement of pearls on her head, and a single pearl over her belly button, as well as long pink gloves that went past her elbows.
In a post on Mugler’s official Instagram account, the designer said thedress is called the pink duchess and satin velvet venus sheath dress. The brand also said the star’s blush embellished bodysuit was originally included in the brand’s fall/winter 1995-1996 couture show held at the Cirque d’Hiver, a venue in Paris, France.
On Twitter, fans had mixed reactions to the bold ensemble
While some said they loved the look, others compared Cardi’s look to everything from a tower of Ferrero Rocher chocolates to a coffee filter.
— Carl Bradbury (@CarlBradbury96) February 11, 2019
— Emily Schwartz (@emilycschwartz) February 11, 2019
— Mary (@marymegahy) February 11, 2019
— sem ✧ (@ulsseo) February 11, 2019
Cardi B u win the dress of the century pic.twitter.com/KFDK14ZHMi
— Sharitacharlton (@Sharitacharlto3) February 11, 2019
- Read more:
- Here are all the Grammys 2019 winners
- The best outfits celebrities wore to the 2019 Grammys
- Ariana Grande apologizes to fans for not going to the Grammys despite winning for best pop vocal album
- Here’s everything inside the over $US30,000 Grammys gift bag celebrities take home this year
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.