- The Canadian dollar is tumbling after some disappointing data out of Canada.
- The loonie was down by 0.6% at 1.2561 per US dollar at 8:32 a.m. ET after being little changed just minutes earlier.
- Core retail sales fell by 0.7% month-over-month in August, below expectations of an increase of 0.3%. The prior month’s reading came in at 0.2%.
- CPI rose 0.2% month-over-month, below expectations of a 0.3% uptick.
- Core CPI rose 0.2% month-over-month, up from the prior month’s reading of 0.0%.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.