- You can watch YouTube videos on your Nintendo Switch by downloading the YouTube app.
- The YouTube app for the Nintendo Switch is a free download, found in the Nintendo eShop.
- Not all YouTube features are available via the Switch app; you can’t, for example, download a YouTube video for later viewing.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Late last year, Nintendo Switch console users finally got to enjoy some of the finest media out there. Specifically, YouTube videos, because thanks to an app Google released last year, you can watch YouTube videos on the Switch.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to watch YouTube on the Nintendo Switch
To watch YouTube on your Switch:
1. Open the Nintendo eShop. Scroll down to the circular icons at the bottom of the home screen, and select the icon of an orange shopping bag that’s labelled “Nintendo eShop.”
2. Once the eShop loads, scroll up to “Search” in the top-left.
3. Search for “YouTube.”
4. The free YouTube app should be the first thing to appear. Select it and then click “Free Download.”
5. On the next page, click “Free Download” again. You may have to enter your Nintendo ID login info.
6. Give the app a few minutes to download. Once it’s finished, you’ll get a notification, and the icon will appear on your home screen.
7. Tap the app with a finger, or navigate to it with a controller and then press A to launch it.
Once it opens, you can sign in right away, or use the app signed out.
While you’re watching a video, you’ll use either the touchscreen or the left joystick to fast-forward and rewind. The other buttons will open more menus.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.