- You can link one or multiple major credit cards – including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express – to your PayPal account on the mobile app or website.
- Add a credit card to your PayPal account on your Android or iPhone by selecting the gear icon in the top right of the app screen, and accessing the “Banks and Cards” menu from the settings list.
- To add a credit card to your PayPal account on the desktop site, click “Link a debit or credit card” after navigating to the “Wallet” tab.
- PayPal allows you to set a credit card as your default form of payment, but you can also select it as your payment method on a purchase-by-purchase basis.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
In addition to connecting your bank account to PayPal, you can also use credit cards with the online payment service.
You can use most major credit cards on PayPal, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and more.
If you prefer, you can also link debit cards with Visa or MasterCard logos to your PayPal account. You can add multiple cards to your account and use whichever one you prefer when making a purchase.
Here’s how to do it.
How to add a credit card on PayPal in the mobile app
1. Start the PayPal app on your iPhone or Android phone.
2. Tap the Settings icon (shaped like a gear) in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Tap “Banks and Cards.”
4. Tap the plus at the top right corner of the screen.
5. Tap “Debit or credit card.”
6. In the Link a card manually section, tap “Debit or credit card” and then follow the instructions to enter your credit card number.
How to add a credit card on PayPal using a web browser
1. Open the PayPal website in a browser and log in if necessary.
2. If you’re not on the Wallet page, tap “Wallet” at the top of the screen.
3. Tap “Link a debit or credit card.”
4. In the “Link a card manually” section, tap “Debit or credit card” and then follow the instructions to enter your credit card number.
Related coverage fromTech Reference:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.