- You can’t transfer money from Venmo to PayPal directly, but you can use a bank account to do so.
- The process requires a few extra steps, and a PayPalCash or PayPalCash Plus account, but they’re easy to set up.
- The transfer from Venmo will take a few days if you want it done for free, but you can pay a 1% fee to transfer your money instantly.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to transfer money from Venmo to PayPal
1.Transfer your Venmo balance to your bank using the Venmo mobile app. You can do this on both iOS and Android. The process will take one to three business days if you want it done for free, but if you’re in a hurry, you can pay a 1% instant transfer fee for immediate access to your funds.
2. Log into PayPal on a desktop, or in the mobile app.
3. PayPal now requires setting up a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account to transfer money into your PayPal account. It sounds intimidating, but don’t sweat it. If you have a verified account, you’re already able to carry a balance and are set up to transfer funds into your balance.
- Otherwise, set up either Cash or Cash Plus account if you haven’t already. For information on how to do that, check out this support article from PayPal.
4. Tap “Add money” or “Transfer money” beneath your PayPal balance.
5. Transfer the same amount of money into your PayPal account that you had transferred to the bank from Venmo.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.