- Unlike other consoles, the PS4 is not backwards compatible, meaning that you can’t play older PS3 games on a PlayStation 4.
- With a PlayStation Now subscription, however, you can download and play PS4, PS3, and PS2 games on your PlayStation 4 console or on a PC.
- PlayStation Now subscriptions unlock hundreds of titles, including acclaimed classics like “God of War” and “Metal Gear Solid,” and with new titles added monthly.
- PlayStation Now costs $US99.99 for a year, $US44.99 for 3 months, and $US19.99 for a single month.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
You can play most original Xbox games on an Xbox 360. You can play Nintendo Wii games on a Wii U console. But you can’t play PS3 games on a PS4. Not directly, anyway.
Currently, a PlayStation Now subscription offers immediate access to more than 800 games, with more titles added monthly.
You can stream new games right to your PS4 or your PC, or you can delve back into the archives and play some of the best PS3 games, like “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag” or “Grand Theft Auto V.” And that’s not to mention all the classic PS2 games.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How much PlayStation Now costs
If you just want to game over the summer or during a certain semester, go for the $US44.99 three-month plan. Or binge games for one month for $US19.99.
How to sign up for PlayStation Now
It makes the most sense to start with a free seven-day PlayStation Now trial, which will then segue into a monthly plan – if you don’t cancel first. So be sure to cancel if you don’t like the experience, or go for the savings of the annual plan if you love it.
- Windows 7 (SP 1), 8.1 or 10
- Core i3 2.0 GHz
- 300 MB memory
- 2 GB RAM
- Sound card
- USB port
Also note that you’ll need a Sony account to sign up for PlayStation Now.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.