s daily healthcare newsletter
, your daily dose of pharma, biotech, and healthcare news.
Subscribe here to get this newsletter in your inbox every weekday.
If taking on a surge in coronavirus cases wasn’t enough, US hospitals are facing cyberattacks from Russia, which could be massively disruptive, the US is warning.
Today in healthcare news: A look at which biotech execs have sold stock as their companies develop COVID-19 treatments and vaccines, Y Combinator’s guide to spinning a company out of a university, and four biotech stocks investors should buy, according to UBS.
Biotech execs hunting for COVID-19 vaccines and treatments have raked in more than $US1 billion by selling company stock this year. Here are the 27 leaders who’ve cashed in the most.
- Executives and board members from 14 biotech companies working on coronavirus vaccines and treatments have sold more than $US1 billion in company stock this year.
- Business Insider asked Equilar, an executive-compensation-analysis firm, to tally hundreds of financial disclosures of stock sales made by company insiders.
The top startup accelerator just released its how-to guide for scientists and academics who want to start companies. Here’s what Y Combinator says all founders need to know.
- Startup accelerator Y Combinator just released its first comprehensive guide for spinning scientific research out of universities and into companies, a common way many biotech startups are founded.
- Y Combinator has funded 75 companies that have come out of academia, and compiled those experiences in a comprehensive guide for potential founders with similar backgrounds.
- Business Insider got an exclusive look at the guide itself.
UBS just shared the 4 biotech stocks investors should buy now â€” including 2 that could soar more than 50%
- UBS on Tuesday initiated coverage on nine biotech companies.
- The analysts noted that they’re optimistic about where the biotech sector will be in 2021, after a good 2019 and a promising 2020 so far.
- UBS analysts gave buy ratings to four biotech companies.
More stories we’re reading:
- Nordstrom covered health insurance for furloughed workers. Now it wants them to pay it back as Americans’ savings are dwindling to $US0.(Business Insider)
- An inside look at the fight over Pinterest’s health misinformation policy (Stat News)
- The Trump administration is getting set to announce that Medicare and Medicaid will cover COVID-19 vaccines (CNN)
- Having more than 5 coronavirus symptoms is a sign you could be at risk of a long-term case, new research shows(Business Insider)
- We just got our first look at sales of Gilead’s coronavirus-fighting drug remdesivir (Business Insider)
- Dr. Fauci predicts no COVID-19 vaccine until at least January, and warns of a ‘whole lot of pain’ if US cases continue to surge (Business Insider)
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.