, your daily dose of healthcare news from Business Insider’s healthcare editor Lydia Ramsey Pflanzer and the healthcare team.
Subscribe here to get this newsletter in your inbox every weekday.
Here’s the healthcare news you need to know: Teladoc agreed to buy Livongo in an $US18.5 billion deal,Moderna reveals new info about the price of its coronavirus shot, and Heal shares the pitch deck that won over Humana.
I’m your host of today’s Dispensed Daily, Blake Dodge, the healthcare team’s health-tech and testing reporter.
Teladoc is acquiring Livongo in the biggest deal that digital health has ever seen. Here are the 3 key takeaways from Wall Street’s top analysts, from shock at the price tag to optimism for healthcare’s digital future.
- The telehealth giant Teladoc is acquiring Livongo, a chronic-care company, for $US18.5 billion.
- It’s the biggest deal that digital health has ever seen, several analysts told Business Insider.
- One said the move could do for healthcare what Amazon and other big companies have only talked about.
Moderna has already struck deals to sell small quantities of its coronavirus vaccine for almost twice as much as rival shots. Here’s how the upstart biotech is thinking about pricing its vaccine.
- Moderna, a frontrunner in the race to make a coronavirus vaccine, already has some deals to sell shots.
- It didn’t specify which groups are buying them, but told investors that prices were between $US32 and $US37.
- That’s roughly 75% more than Pfizer’s pricing in a recent arrangement with the US government.
This pitch deck helped telehealth startup Heal raise $US100 million and win a major partnership with healthcare giant Humana. Here’s how the deal came to be.
- In July, telehealth startup Heal said it raised $US100 million from healthcare giant Humana.
- The five-year-old company does doctor house calls and virtual visits, both of which are seeing surging demand.
- Heal showed us the pitch deck they used to win over Humana, a strategic investor and customer to boot.
More stories we’re reading:
- $US29 billion biotech company Moderna just signed a big cloud deal with Amazon Web Services, even as the race for a COVID-19 vaccine accelerates (Business Insider)
- I got COVID-19 while pregnant after months of strict isolation, and my case remains a medical mystery (Business Insider)
- Immunology is where intuition goes to die (The Atlantic)
- New York’s coronavirus ‘checkpoints’ will be less like checkpoints and more like information kiosks (The New York Times)
- While Congress struggles to agree on the next coronavirus stimulus, Trump threatens executive action (The Washington Post)
I’m back from 2 days of vacation. What am I missing? You can find me at [email protected].
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.