Business Insider is hiring a news editor to run the site on the weekends.
We’re looking for someone who is quick, passionate about breaking news, and has a knack for telling stories in a relatable and compelling way that readers love.
The weekend news editor will manage the small team of reporters and interns who help cover weekend shifts.
These writers mainly file breaking news, but will sometimes have news analysis and features. Their editor should be comfortable regularly handling this mixture of fast-paced story edits, as well as juggling multiple responsibilities at a time.
This position runs on a Thursday to Monday or Friday to Tuesday schedule. During the week, they’re responsible for editing news stories on the politics vertical and beyond.
The ideal weekend editor will:
- Show excellent news judgment
- Have the ability to write and edit quickly and accurately
- Assign and edit a mix of articles, from short news posts and slideshows to longform reported pieces
- Write and report themselves as necessary and if time allows
- Have a few years of experience covering news for a digital publication
- Be very organised – weekends require a lot of forward planning throughout the week
- Have familiarity with social media distribution
APPLY HERE if you’re interested in this position, and make sure you let us know why you’re excited to join BI.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.