Business Insider is growing fast. And we’re hiring a manager of talent acquisition to accelerate that growth.
This role will work as a business partner with internal clients to establish and implement short- and long-term recruitment objectives and practices. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to lead and direct the design, development, and implementation of staffing initiatives. Additionally, this role will ensure effective recruiting strategies are implemented and appropriate teams are mobilized for recruiting processes. It will focus on hires in the sales and technology areas.
- Build a pipeline of candidates and maintain relationships with qualified candidates and contacts.
- Interview and recommend qualified applicants to hiring departments; make appropriate salary recommendations; attend appropriate networking events to build relationships.
- Prepare job descriptions, post open positions to attract the best possible candidates, prepare offer letters and follow through on all hiring procedures and processes to ensure a successful hire and on-boarding process.
- Manage the recruiting budget and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Three to five years of recruiting experience within a startup or digital media organisation
- Proven experience recruiting qualified technical and/or sales candidates using a variety of sources
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Self-starter with strong project management skills
- A team player with strong influencing skills and demonstrated ability in leadership
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high change environment
- Ability to act professionally regarding sensitive subjects
The position is based in our NYC headquarters.
Interested? Please send me [jhansen at businessinsider.com] an email with a brief cover note and a link to your LinkedIn resume. (No attachments, please.)
Before you apply, check here’s an introduction to the company and its culture:About Business Insider: BUSINESS INSIDER SECRETS REVEALED: An Inside Look At Our Readership And Financial Performance
About Business Insider tech platform: MORE BUSINESS INSIDER SECRETS REVEALED: An Inside Look At The Guts Of Our Tech Infrastructure
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.