Are you curious to know why some cities flourish and others falter? Do you wonder how humanity will progress in the coming years and centuries?
Business Insider is hiring a reporter to join our science and innovation team. The reporter will focus on design, cities, forward-thinking economic and workplace policies, food, and everything in between.
Our style is smart, conversational, exciting, and geared toward a general audience. As a reporter on the science and innovation team, you’ll be comfortable writing quick stories that highlight the most interesting angles of the day’s news, while simultaneously working on reported medium-length and long-form features. You will also know how to differentiate reality from spin and have an ability to find the real story hiding in announcements and news events.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Previous writing experience, preferably related to one of the aforementioned topics
- Insatiable curiosity and an ability to identify the heart of a story quickly
- A strong voice and writing style that keeps readers engaged
- An understanding of digital media and how readers consume news on the web
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Prior experience working in a newsroom
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.