Business Insider is hiring a supervising producer to oversee a growing video team in our newsroom. This teamproduces short and insightful videos on news, politics, entertainment, and more, with an emphasis on speed and breaking news.
The position’s particular oversight includes editorial, management, organisation, and a laser-focus on building a news video format and process that works first and foremost on social media, and also on our website.
The supervising producer’s responsibilities include:
- Brainstorming daily news video ideas.
- Building a team that responds quickly to breaking news and produces videos across politics and entertainment verticals.
- Creating and framing news video and graphics in a way that informs and delights our audience.
- Assigning stories to producers, associate producers and interns.
- Planning and managing producers in the field.
- Maintaining high editorial and storytelling standards.
The ideal candidate has a passion for storytelling, is a news buff who always knows what’s going on in the world, and is addicted to social media.
He or she has 3 to 5 years experience in a newsroom, and has managed a team of associate video producers.
Candidates should know how to edit on Final Cut X or Premiere and how to use Adobe After Effects and Photoshop, various types of audio and digital video equipment including Canon and Sony cameras, and how to shoot awesome video with their iPhone.
Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits. This is a full-time position based in our NYC office. Apply here with your résumé and cover letter.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.