Business Insider is seeking a passionate and talented senior digital product designer to help lead our UX/UI and design team in New York. Our team builds solutions for BI’s growing family of digital products: Business Insider, INSIDER, Markets Insider, and BI Intelligence. You’ll work closely with BI’s stakeholders, development, and product teams to create elegant, intuitive, best-in-market digital solutions to enhance the BI brand and user experience across all digital platforms.
We’re searching for a passionate candidate who has experience designing complex systems and is hungry to innovate. Our ideal candidate keeps the big picture in focus but can stay grounded with strong design fundamentals and work ethic; and has launched and iterated on successful digital products from the ground up for mobile, desktop, native apps, and web.
What you’ll do:
- Create visually engaging, elegant, and functional digital experiences primarily for our mobile web, app, and desktop environments
- Compose quick prototypes to communicate ideas
- Work with product owners, company stakeholders, managers, developers, and designers to bring concepts to reality
- Balance multiple projects and meet required deadlines
- Give and receive constructive design critique
- Innovate but stay on brand
- Help champion, evangelize, and grow our ever evolving design culture at BI
- Front end coding and the ability to create functioning mock-ups is a big plus.
Things you’ll need:
- 5+ years of relevant digital UI/UX and interaction design experience
- A proven track record of launched digital products that delight, innovate and scale
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (like InVision)
- Knowledge of design, interaction, and performance limitations in iOS and Android
- Strong understanding of motion graphics, user experience, and interactive design for touch-based interfaces
- Front end code proficiency and functional prototyping a big plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of social media
- Experience designing for the digital publishing space is a huge advantage
- The ability to turn challenging requirements into beautiful and functional solutions
- An undying passion for design, multimedia, and the user experience
- A sense of humour!
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.